Now that the big yellow buses are once again running across the metro Atlanta area, it’s time to talk about child safety. While more parents have staggered...Read More
Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to EMC Security for fresh articles!
Security system buyer's guide
Be A Demanding Security System Customer
Becoming an Informed Customer
Whether you're looking into a security system for your home or business, you're making an investment. There's a lot at stake because the decisions you make will have an impact on the safety of your family or employees. It pays to be an informed customer with high expectation when purchasing a security system or alarm monitoring service.
Five Tips for Becoming an Informed Customer
- Have some idea of what kind of security system (intrusion or fire detection) you want for your home or business. If you turn all decisions over to the dealer-whose input should be extensive but not overbearing-your system will reflect the dealer's preference rather than yours.
- Talk with friends, relatives and business colleagues who already have a security system and understand the process.
- Don't be afraid to express high expectations. A good security system / alarm monitoring professional will spend time listening to your concerns-large or small. If they just come in, count doors and windows and give you a price, they're not interested in your safety.
- Ask questions and expect answers. It's all right if the salesperson does not have the answer right away. But you should expect to get answers back in a reasonable time.
- Listen for clear statements about what the company can and cannot do. A reputable dealer will be candid, explaining how your requests will affect the installation's design and cost. When you're clear about what you want, the dealer should be clear about all costs.
Burglar Alarm Buying Tips
Know all the terms of your contract
Find out answers to common questions about you security system contract
How to Choose a Security Dealer
It is very important to choose a person and company that you can trust.
Practical Measures for Protecting Your Home
Your home security system is a proven deterrent to intruders. Studies have shown that homes without alarm systems are 2.2 times more likely to be burglarized than homes with alarm systems.