Theft comes in many forms.
EMC Security is committed to protecting our customers from theft and safety at home, but is aware that thieves are more cunning than ever. Sometimes, a thief can rob you blind without ever entering your home.
Here are a few ways you can protect yourself from becoming a victim:
- Don’t carry a checkbook. Pay by cash or credit card.
- Don’t carry your Social Security card with you or use your Social Security number as your driver’s license number.
- Buy a paper shredder. Shred any documents listing your Social Security number and other financial information such as your bank account numbers and credit card numbers. This is the number one way of preventing identity theft.
- Mind your trash. Make sure important papers or mail are not readily available to thieves in your trashcan.
- Change your online passwords often.