Medical Alert Saves Customer From Bleeding to Death
 
When a customer from Carollton, Georgia fell, he struck the back of his head and started bleeding profusely. Dizzy and unable to stand, he used his two-way medical alert device, which was around his neck at the time, to contact the EMC Security monitoring center for help. While the first operator stayed on the line with him, a second immediately dispatched emergency medical services to his home, also alerting the customer's son as to what had happened.
 
Just 7 minutes after he first pressed the button on his pendant, an ambulance arrived and the customer got the help he desperately needed. As always, we are glad that we were able to help and grateful that our customer made a full recovery.
 
So, as the weather gets colder and going out and about gets more dangerous, remember that there is no greater gift than peace of mind - something a medical alert device can provide easily, and at a low cost.
 
To learn more about the EMC Medical Alert system, click here, or call Ralph Collier, our Medical Alert Project Manager, at 770-963-0305.

Return to the Blog Home Page

Recent Security Posts

SHOW YOUR VALENTINE’S DAY LOVE WITH THE GIFT OF SECURITY

Are you gearing up for another Valentine's Day of flowers and candy? This year, show you care by giving your loved ones a gift that will keep them safe and secure every day. These gifts from EMC Security, will protect those you value most. Monitored Security System: With a response time...

Read More

Sandy Springs Alarm Ordinance

As indicated on the City of Sandy Springs website, the alarm ordinance has been amended again, and this amended ordinance will become effective on June 19, 2019. This latest amendment will require an additional level of verification (audio or video) for any intrusion alarm dispatch after that...

Read More

Holiday Fire and Candle Safety

Did you know that the worst 10 days for home fires are December 24th through January 6th? The National Fire Prevention Association reports that 38% of the fires in the United States began in an indoor fireplace or chimney, and 41% of home fires were started by a lit candle blaze.

Read More

Contact Us

Call us at 770-963-0305 or complete the form below.