This is an oldie but goodie - and a good reminder when shopping for home security.
Here are a few burglar alarm buying tips posted by Clark Howard
- First, take your time shopping and researching.
- Security companies should earn your business and shouldn’t require you to sign a contract.
- Don’t let a security company representative into your home without an appointment.
- Is the monitoring station UL approved? Is the station properly staffed and trained?
- Gather price quotes from various companies for security and include smoke and fire monitoring.”
Posted on clarkhoward.com: 4:49 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2010