Now that the big yellow buses are once again running across the metro Atlanta area, it’s time to talk about child safety. While more parents have staggered...Read More
Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to EMC Security for fresh articles!
We test all your system components
When EMC Security installed your alarm system, or if we converted your monitoring from a previous service provider, we tested all of your system components at that time to insure they were properly communicating to the central station facility.
Phone line failures, lightning or power surges, or a change in phone service (adding DSL or Internet Protocol service) may cause your normally reliable security system to become incapable of doing its job.
EMC Security encourages all of our customers to test their systems monthly to insure their system is ready in the event of an emergency.
Here’s what you can do to test your system:
- Call the 24-hour EMC Security central monitoring center at 1-888-745-4733 and let them know you will be testing your system. Be prepared to provide them with your name, service address and password. (Your password is the secret word you provided on your original paperwork, that allows the monitoring center to identify you as the account holder.)
- Close all doors and protected windows, arm your system and allow the delay time to expire.
- Activate your alarm like an actual emergency by opening a protected door, pressing your panic or hold-up buttons, etc.
- Allow your sirens (if an audible alarm) to sound for approximately 15 seconds to one minute and then turn off your system.
- Call the monitoring center and announce that you are calling to check test results. The central station operator will describe the signals received.
- Ask the operator to take the system off test.
If for any reason, the system did not communicate to our central monitoring center, please call our service department at 770-963-0305, Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm and we will arrange for one of our qualified technicians to check your system.