Fire Protection Saves EMC Security Customer's Home
On September 27th, the EMC Security monitoring center in Suwanee, Georgia received a fire alarm at 9:39am from the home of a customer located in Smyrna, Georgia. The monitoring center immediately contacted the customer and dispatched the fire department to the house. The monitoring center received an update at 10:21am that there had indeed been a fire at the customer’s home. The fire was under control and the fire department was opening windows and doors to ventilate the house. The customer was on site with the fire department at that time and no one was injured.
Fortunately, no one was hurt and fire protection was included in this Smyrna customer’s home security system, which is likely what prevented the home from completely burning down. This actual customer story is a prime example of why it one should consider including fire protection as a part of their home security system to help protect their home and their lives.