The EMC Security monitoring center received a fire alarm from the home of a Snellville customer. The fire alarm was received at 9:07 on Monday, March 4th. The monitoring center operator immediately called the owner in response to the alarm. The customer had just left his ho me and said he would turn around and go check it. The monitoring center dispatched the fire department to the customer’s home. At 9:25 we received multiple additional motion and door alarms from the. The monitoring center called the owner again who advised that he was 20 min away. Dispatch was called the fire department to notify them that the customer was in route to the home. The fire department advised they had made forced entry into the home and that there was food burning on the stove. The customer left food cooking on the stove when he left the home and forgotten to turn the stove off. This is a mistake that we all make very often in our lives. Thankfully, no one was at home at the time, but the customer could have lost their most prized possessions such as family pictures and heirlooms. This customers fire alarm saved their home and everything in it from burning down to the ground. Please always keep in mind the effectiveness and critical importance of having smoke and fire detectors as a part of your security system.